The House of Representatives of the United States Government is divided into a large number of committees whose jobs revolve around investigating issues and recommending and developing legislation to address those issues. They often oversee agencies to direct them to serving the people to the best of their abilities.
The House Financial Services Committee is divided into several subcommittees, each one in charge of a different aspect of finance and government. Here is a list of some of the subcommittees in which congressmen work to find solutions to issues in our society.
- Subcommittee on Capital markets and government Sponsored Enterprises
- Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology
- Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Debt
- Subcommittee on Insurance, Housing and Community Opportunity
- Subcommittee on International Monetary Policy and Trade
- Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations